Baked Buffalo Wings - THE BEST I’VE EVER HAD!!!
- Cooking spray
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp (or more) cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 20 chicken drummettes
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup Texas Pete’s Buffalo Wings Sauce
- 2 tblsp. Honey
- 2 tblsp. Soy sauce
- ½ tsp. Sriracha sauce
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Spray a cooling rack generously with cooking spray and place in the baking sheet.
- Dry the drummettes well with paper towels.
- Place the flour, cayenne pepper, garlic power and ½ teaspoon of salt in a large Ziploc bag. Shake to mix well.
- Add the dried drummettes to the bag with the flour mixture and toss until well coated.
- Remove the wings, shaking off excess flour coating, and place on the prepared cooling rack.
- Place the prepared wings in the refrigerator, uncovered, for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake the wings for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, turn each wing over and return to the oven.
- Bake for an additional 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the melted butter, hot sauce, honey, soy sauce and remaining ½ teaspoon of salt in a small bowl.
- Remove the wings from the oven and dip them 3 or 4 at a time in the sauce mixture.
- Place the coated wings back on the pan, return the pan to the oven and cook for an additional 6-7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, place on a serving dish and drizzle remaining sauce over wings.