Pork and Broccoli Marsala Pasta (I call it Fire Pasta and love it)
- 8 oz. boneless pork loin, thinly sliced
- 2 tbls. of flour
- 2 tbls. Olive oil
- 1 tbls. Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. red pepper flake (makes it very spicy, use less if you don’t like really spicy food)
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1tsp. sage
- ¾ cup of marsala cooking wine
- ¾ cup of chicken broth
- 12 oz bag of frozen broccoli florets thawed (not cooked)
- 2 tbls. Butter
- 8 oz. angel hair pasta cooked al dente
- ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese
- Season pork with salt and pepper then toss with flour. Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat; add pork and sauté until browned, about 3 minutes. Stir in
garlic, spices and pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute.
- Deglaze with marsala, then stir in the broth and broccoli florets. Cover and cook for about 7 minutes or until broccoli is to your liking.
- Finish with butter, server over angel hair pasta and top with parmesan cheese.